Saturday, January 06, 2007

A New Leaf

"Turned over a new leaf
Then tore right through it."
—Pet Shop Boys, "It's a Sin"
Well, I'm not dead. I thought I would check in briefly. A friend of mine who actually reads this blog suggested that thoughts on suicide probably wasn't the best way to leave things. I've decided to make a change in the tone of my blog. I'm tired (and so, I'm sure are those brave few who read this) of doing nothing but whinging all of the time. I have so much more to offer than rehashing my emotional problems again and again. After reading over my archives, particularly the more recent one, I've decided that I've grown stale and tiresome and boring. Granted the combination of my biochemical quagmire and psychosocial matrix has resulted in a lot of unhappiness for me. And if I were to be brutally honest, I doubt I there has been or ever will be a time in my life when I just wouldn't rather have not to been born at all. But saying the same thing over and over certainly isn't saying something new. I'd like to share my thoughts and feelings and insights on a myriad of topics, instead of wallowing in self-pity. (Not that that won't be a theme every now and then. *smile*)

3 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! I can't believe there's finally a new post! Yippee! (Oh and thanks so much for the postcards!)

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Great to see a concerted effort to change perspective; that inspires me to change my own. rah rah wry irony masquerading as positivity! or positivity masquerading as wry irony?

 
At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he said wryly.

yes, please.

also, I think you meant "if":
I doubt I there has

 

Post a Comment

<< Home