Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Strike Two (and a Half)

I've gotten rejections from two of the "just right" guys that I sent e-mails from the Yahoo! Personals web site. One told me that he was already dating "a couple" of guys, and the other told me that he didn't "think we were a match." A third guy has been "active in the last 24 hours" but hasn't e-mailed me back. That most likely means he isn't interested.

I sent out a bunch more e-mails tonight (when I should have been sending out resumes to find a better-paying job). But I'm already getting fed up with it. I can't decide if I should shell out money after my free trial ends or if I should just cut my losses and cancel before the seven days are up. If I don't get at least one hopeful nibble in a week, I'm not sure I can justify spending the money.

Circadian Lack-of-Rhythm

Ugh! My sleep pattern has been so screwy for over a week now. I had terrible insomnia almost every night last week, and it really messed me up at work. So much so, that I got far behind on my billable hours and had to work off the clock on Saturday to make some of it up. Sunday night I had the same problem and didn't fall asleep until after 4 a.m. (after only getting five hours of sleep the night before). I was dragging all day yesterday until I got home and crashed at 7:30 p.m. With any luck I'll be able to go to bed at a decent hour tonight. I think my problem stems mostly from a persistant, low-grade depression I've had lately. Normally I'd take care of the problem with alcohol, but I've kept true to my commitment of no-substances in July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home