Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Joys of Celibacy

I'm so fed up with things that I've decided to try being celibate for the time being. But just as a general proposition. I'm not going about it with the same mechanical enforcement as my whole "no drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine, cane toads, etc. in July" plan. (Though abstinence will make celibacy a lot easier.) Essentially, I'm not going out looking for or turning my mind towards casual sex.

This should all last right up until the time I next get a chance to get my hands on a man, of course. Still, the path forward for me is simplification and ridding myself of perplexities, not indulging myself in meaningless distractions.
"Celibate? That's what everyone says when they can't have it off, isn't it? 'I'm celibate!' Fat and ugly with no chance of a pork is more like."
—Bubbles, Absolutely Faboulous

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Echo said...

Sounds like an interesting idea-- now let's just hope you don't run into any more "sweet-assed lesbians" :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home