Monday, October 09, 2006

AIDS Walk Los Angeles 2006

Once again I am volunteering for the AIDS Walk. Last year I was a Delineator, which had me dodging through Hollywood traffic putting down and then later picking up cones. The volunteer coordinator informed me that I'm a "key" volunteer, meaning they know and trust me. (So obviously their standards aren't too high.) This year I am a Crowd Control Leader. I don't know what my duties will be (though I hope I get a gun!), but I'm certain it will entail getting up at the butt-crack of dawn and being nice to people all day.

The money raised by AIDS Walk Los Angeles benefits AIDS Project Los Angeles and other AIDS service organizations across Los Angeles County. AIDS Project Los Angeles, one of the largest non-profit AIDS service organizations in the United States, provides bilingual direct services, prevention education and leadership on HIV/AIDS-related policy and legislation.

AIDS Walk asks that volunteers collect sponsors. If you would like to sponsor me, please visit my donation web site. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home