Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Pretty In Pink

"Caroline laughs and it's raining all day
She loves to be one of the girls
She lives in a place in the side of our lives
Where nothing is ever put straight
She turns herself round
And she smiles and she says,
'This is it. That's the end of the joke.'
And loses herself
In her dreaming and sleep... "
—The Psychedelic Furs, "Pretty In Pink"

This is it. That's the end of the joke.

This morning I woke up after 120 ounces of beer, a pack of cigarettes and less than eight hours sleep. I turned myself round. And I took a long shower, shaved carefully, brushed & flossed, put on deodorant and cologne and used gel in my hair for the first time in a long time.

I put on my power underwear (black), neatened and de-furred my blue trousers, buttoned up my blue button-down shirt and knotted by neon pink tie.

I didn't quite buckle down at work as I'd hoped, on account of being so drained. I did manage to get myself there on time (ish), work the full eight hours and make a good show of it, if not exactly being the most productive I've ever been.

After work I went to the grocery store to get two-week's worth of food before my rent check goes through tomorrow, and I'm overdrawn $500 (assuming they honor the check).

I'm feeling quite tired and emotional after plowing forward through the day. I'm either going to have a breakthrough. Or I'm going to have a breakdown.

Love, Caroline...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home