Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The "Dame Edna" Experience

I went to see the Dame Edna stage show last Thursday night. I didn't want to go alone, so I decided to invite the masseur I mentioned previously. He hasn't gotten any easier to talk to, and this is the guy who made me cry a few weeks ago and smash my phone in a rage. (I threw it across the room and against the opposite wall. It was glorious!) I should mention, in all fairness, that he was only a minor catalyst. He set me off, but the roiling rage that boiled over into madness was all me.

The show was hilarious, and we had a nice time. During the second act, I worked up my courage and put my arm around him. He leaned in close and rested his hand on my knee. That was an incredible experience for me, and the main thing I love about living in the social bubble that is Los Angeles. I certainly couldn't engage in homosexual public displays of affection back in Memphis without expecting to get bashed by some fucking redneck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home