Thursday, March 09, 2006

Another Beginning...

I decided to start a new blog for a couple of different reasons. First of all, I feel that "Blah! Blah! Blah!" is a little more descriptive of the content of my writing. "Live from Hollywood!" was a bit misleading because, even though I live in Hollywood, the blog wasn't about the Industry or star-fucking or whatever. Another reason to switch was that it began to feel uncomfortable for me to have my sister and certain friends read about some of the things going on with me. I don't want to feel inhibited in writing this journal, or it will lose its cathartic effect.

As with my previous blog, I'm just going to jump right in without trying to exposit a whole bunch of background material first. The short version of the time period between the last entry of the "Live from Hollywood!" blog and this entry is that I went on a three-month narcotics bender. I went through out-patient detox in February and have only leveled out in the past few weeks. (All of this, mind you, while holding down a full-time paralegal job, a part-time retail job and an independent, albeit rather boring, life alone.)

I'll probably flesh out the story in the next entry or two, but I'm changing the way I blog. Before, being such a retentive perfectionist, it would take me forever to complete an entry because I was trying to write literary essays more than a journal. Here I'm going to write shorter entries but update the blog more frequently, i.e. several times a week. There's so much I think of each day, things I'd like to be able to tell other people, that I never recorded in my last blog because I was too busy finding the time and/or energy to finish and revise the last entry the Spirit moved me to write. I'll still spew out diatribes about subjects that engage me, but I'm hoping that this more personal and consistent approach turns out to produce greater productivity and, ultimately, be more interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home